Caden has many emotions as does any baby. But he definitely has "the lip" as does Morgan.
As in all families...we have are special and memorable moments. Elder Bednar in his recent conference talk mentioned being consistant with our children. Everything we teach is like adding a "brushstroke on the canvas of our souls." We may not remember a certain family Home Evening but the consistancy is what we need to remember to do. I know when growing up I don't remember everything that my parents said. I do know that we always had family prayer. I don't remember anything that was ever said but I do remember one particular night where my mother was praying. In the middle of the prayer she sneezed. It was such a powerful sneeze that the force leaned her forward and throwing her hands to the floor. Of course all of us took a peak as to what all happened and after that there was laughter from all of us. I think it was actually quite the task to finish the prayer. Sometimes those are also the precious memories that we will take with us forever. We had such an event recently.
We teach Morgan to be reverent during prayers and she is learning to keep her eyes closed through the whole prayer. And she does do a very good job. Well...one evening as it was my turn to pray I was doing so...and then all of a sudden we hear giggling. Not from Morgan. So of course we open our eyes to see what was causing Caden to laugh. Morgan was folding her arms and even had her eyes closed but was just wiggling as most 3 year olds do. But for some reason Caden thought this was the FUNNIEST thing and was laughing! Not just the little giggles he usually does but laughing pretty hard! Well...any type of reverence was gone now and Nate even jumped up to get the video camera. However, in the process of getting the camera which didn't have a battery in it at the time...Morgan leaned back and bonked her head. However, we were still able to get a little of the laughing with some help. Precious moments for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment