Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Amusement Park

A few weeks ago, Nate took us to an indoor amusement park. (half of it was indoors the other half was outside). Not really thinking, we saw some of the rides through a window and thought Morgan and I could ride most of them. Morgan unfortunately was not wearing her "tall" shoes and missed the mark by just a couple of inches and as soon as they saw that I was pregnant they turned me down as well (we are talking about simple boat rides here not big roller coasters--we're not dumb). After seeing daddy go on the big drop ride (like tower of doom at Elitch's) Morgan tried to slip through the gate and ride it with the "big" kids. Which was pretty funny when some of the people in line were scared to death. So needless to say, we were a little disapointed to find there wasn't too much for Morgan to do. However, as we were leaving we saw a kids version of the same ride. Mommy, being the wonderful mother that I am :), convinced daddy to stay a little longer and take Morgan on the ride. She BARELY met the height requirment and they let her on the ride. I am all for letting her try new things and this was something she saw daddy do and wanted to try for herself. As you can tell from the picture she LOVED the ride and couldn't stop laughing and smiling. After finally finding something "big" for her to do I told daddy we should let her go on it again. (Even though we had dinner plans and had to be somewhere). However, it made us both feel better about spending the money that we did. You know it is interesting after becoming a mom, I have found that my days are more fun and exciting when I see Morgan happy and having a good time.









































Morgan got to "drive" a car around a track. She really likes thinking she's in control of that car!


1 comment:

The Layton Family said...

OH that looks like tons of fun! I can't believe Morgan loved it! Good job Morgan!!! Great pictures! We'll have to go to Elitches when you guys come back!